The depicted crochet cube is crocheted in spiral rounds. You start crocheting a simple square that is the base of the cube that is then crocheted from there aloft. Crochet the same height as the square is wide to get a cube or longer/shorter as the square to get a cuboid. Finally the top of the cube/cuboid is closed with another square. Everything is crocheted in one piece.
Cube Crochet Pattern
- Magic Ring
- Single Crochet Stitch (SC)
Needed Materials and Tools
Use a yarn and color of your choice and a suitable crochet hook. The here depicted cube was crocheted in spiral rounds using the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn and a 2.5 mm crochet hook.
IMPORTANT: This crochet pattern is crocheted in spiral rounds, means, you keep crocheting without joining rounds unless said otherwise. Always work a marker of any kind in the first stitch of each new round, to know when a round begins and/or ends.
Cube Crochet Pattern
Use the check boxes to mark your finished rounds, rows and steps.
- You start making a Magic Ring using a yarn and color of your choice.
- 1. Round: 4 SC into Magic Ring. (4 stitches)
- 2. Round: [ 3 SC into each stitch. ] Repeat from [ to ] till end of round. (12 stitches)
- 3. Round: 1 SC. [ 3 SC into next stitch, 2 SC. ] Repeat from [ to ] 3 times. 3 SC into next stitch. 1 SC. (20 stitches)
- 4. Round: 2 SC. [ 3 SC into next stitch, 4 SC. ] Repeat from [ to ] 3 times. 3 SC into next stitch. 2 SC. (28 stitches)
- 5. Round: Crochet 28 SC only into the back loop. The back loop is the loop laying in the rear, away from you. (28 stitches)
- 6. – 11. Round: 6 rounds, each round 28 SC. (28 stitches)
- 12. Round: Crochet again only into the back loop. 3 SC. [ SC next 3 stitches together, 4 SC. ] Repeat from [ to ] 3 times. SC next 3 stitches together, 1 SC. (20 stitches)
- 13. Round: 2 SC. [ SC next 3 stitches together, 2 SC. ] Repeat from [ to ] 3 times. SC next 3 stitches together. Fill the cube with polyfill. The more you fill the cube the more round the edges will become. ( 12 stitches)
- 14. Round: [ SC next 3 stitches together. ] Repeat from [ to ] till end of round. (4 stitches))
- Cut yarn, close the opening and weave in the leftover yarn.
Done is your own crochet cube in spiral rounds. You can adjust the height of your cube when you crochet in Round 6 more or less rounds. As long as you crochet the same height as the base square is wide you get a cube.
Crochet a bigger or smaller base square to create a bigger or smaller cube.
If you want a cube with more round edges do not crochet into the back loops but into both loops.
You can also create new shapes when you crochet instead of the top square a circle or another shape. Feel free to experiment.