Pac-Man, the absolute classic in video game history would be only half as exciting and popular without the Pac-Man Ghosts Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde. Because of technical limitations back in the days, is not only Pac-Man but are also the ghosts of a simple appearance what makes them very easy and fast to crochet.
The Amigurumi Pac-Man Ghosts are crocheted in one piece and need no sewing whatsoever. Since the ghosts are open on the bottom they work well as little crochet fingerpuppets.
The here depicted Pac-Man Ghosts are crocheted using the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn and a 2.5 mm crochet hook. The finished crochet ghosts have a size of 3 cm (1.18 inch). Use a bigger yarn and/or crochet hook to create larger ghosts.
Amigurumi Pac-Man Crochet Pattern
- Magic Ring
- Slip Stitch
- Single Crochet Stitch (SC)
- Weave In
Needed Materials and Tools
- Yarn Colors: You can use whatever color you like but the classic colors are red, orange/yellow, turquois/blue, purple/pink.
- 2.5 mm Crochet Hook
- blunt Tapestry Needle
- Wiggly Eyes with 1 cm (0.39 inch) diameter
- This pattern was crocheted using the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn in the following colors: signalrot/red (# 115), pfau/turquoise (# 146), sonne/canary (# 208), malve/lilac (# 399)
Crochet the Pac-Man Ghosts (4 pieces)
The Pac-Man Ghosts are crocheted in spiral rounds with single crochet stitches and slip stitches. The head and the body are crocheted in one piece. Crochet 4 ghosts in different color (or as many as you wish). 1 cm diameter wiggly eyes are the perfect fit for the ghosts why i would recommend using them.
Use the check boxes to mark your finished rounds, rows and steps.
- You start making a Magic Ring using a color of your choice.
- 1. Round: 6 SC into Magic Ring. (6 stitches)
- 2. Round: [ 2 SC into each stitch. ] Repeat from [ to ] till end of round. (12 stitches)
- 3. Round: [ 1 SC, 2 SC into next stitch. ] Repeat from [ to ] till end of round. (18 stitches)
- 4. – 9. Round: 6 rounds, each round 18 SC. (18 stitches)
- 10. Round: [ 1 slip stitch, 2 SC into next stitch, 1 slip stitch. ] Repeat from [ to ] 6 times. (24 stitches)
- 11. Round: [ 1 slip stitch, 2 SC into next stitch, 1 slip stitch. ] Repeat from [ to ] 6 times. (36 stitches)
- Cut the yarn and weave in the leftover thread.
Finishing the Pac-Man Ghosts
Eyes: Finally, just attach the safety eyes to the bodies. I used safety eyes with a diameter of 1 cm.
Whether you attach the eyes further apart, closer together, higher or lower than shown in the pictures is up to you and each variant creates an individual and personal facial expression.
Even though they are super minimalistic in appearance they are great to look at wherever you leave them.