Este post también está disponible en: Español
Bring some nature and green into your black and white cable tangle. This crocheted single-leaf cable tie is crocheted in no time and brings some color and order to the domestic cable chaos. Also, it is plastic free!
The leaf cable tie can be crocheted individually long or short to hold more or less cables tightly together.
The depicted cable tie has been crocheted with the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn with a 2.5 mm crochet hook and has a length of 11.5 cm from the loop to the tip of the leaf, the actual “stem” that holds together the cables has a length of 7.5 cm.
Free Leaf Cable Tie Crochet Pattern
ATTENTION: The pattern, in whole or in parts, may not be published, resold, translated, changed or exchanged in any way whatsoever!
- Slip Knot
- Chain Stitch
- Slip Stitch
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Double Crochet
- Treble Crochet
- Double Treble Crochet
- Color Change
Needed Materials and Tools
To order the materials click on the respective link (affiliate link).
- Colors: dark green, light green
- This pattern was crocheted using the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn (100% Cotton, Meterage: 125 m, Yarn Ball Weight: 50 g, Yarn Weight: Sport – 5ply / Fine (2)) in the following colors:
- Moss (Moos (412)), Apple (Apfel (205))
- 2.5 mm Crochet Hook
Crochet the Stem
Let’s start with the stem. Crochet this longer or shorter, depending on how many cables you want to fix. Simply crochet additional chain stitches into the first chain and, accordingly, crochet more single crochet stitches in the second row. The stem is crocheted in one piece in Moss in rows with chain stitches and single crochet stitches.
Use the check boxes to mark your finished rounds, rows and steps.
- Crochet the stem in rows in Moss.
- Row 1: Crochet 38 chain stitches (38 stitches).
- Row 2: Push the crochet hook through the 11th stitch from the crochet hook and crochet 1 sc. Make sure you do not twist the chain.
- Crochet 27 sc along the chain (27 stitches).
- Finish: Now knot the two threads together several times, but not too close and tight to the last stitch you crocheted as they are still being worked on, otherwise it might happen that the knot will open when worked on.
Crochet the Leaf
The leaf is crocheted in one piece in Apple in rows with chain stitches, slip stitches double crochet stitches, treble crochet stitches and double treble stitches.
- Crochet the leaf in rows in Apple.
- Step 1: Push the crochet hook through the 11th stitch counted from the end of the stem where the knot lies. Push through both loops.
- Step 2: Now yarn over the Apple colored thread and pull it through the stitch you just pushed through.
- Step 3: Then crochet 3 chain stitches and then 1 treble crochet stitch into the next stitch on the stem.
- Step 4: Crochet the first half of the leaf as follows: 4 double treble crochet stitches, 2 treble crochet stitches, 2 double crochet stitches, 2 sc in the next stitch.
- Step 5: Now crochet the leaf tip. Crochet 2 chain stitches and then 1 slip stitch in the 2nd stitch from the crochet hook.
- Step 6: Now push the crochet hook through the 1st stitch on the opposite, not yet crocheted side. Crochet 2 sc into this stitch.
- Step 7: Crochet the 2nd half of the leaf as follows: 2 double crochet stitches, 2 treble crochet stitches, 4 double treble crochet stitches, 1 treble crochet stitch.
- Step 8: Crochet 3 chain stitches and then 1 slip stitch into the next stitch on the stem.
- Finish: Cut the yarn and weave in.
Now wrap the cable tie around the desired cables and pull the leaf through the loop on the stem to have your cables from now under control.