Bring some nature and green into your black and white cable salad. This crocheted single-leaf cable tie is crocheted in no time and brings some color and order to the domestic cable chaos. Also, it is plastic free!
The cable tie be crocheted longer or shorter, depending on your own needs and amount of cables. The cable tie pictured here has been crocheted with the Schachenmayr Catania and a crochet hook size 2.5 and has a length of XXX cm from the loop to the tip of the leaf, the actual “stem” that holds together the cables has a length of XXX cm.
Crochet Leaf Cable Tie
- Chain Stitches
- Slip Stitches
- Single Crochet Stitches (SC)
- Double Crochet Stitches
- Treble Crochet Stitches
- Double Treble Crochet Stitches
- Sewing / Weave In
Needed Materials and Tools
- Yarn colors: Dark green für the stem and a lighter shade of green for the leaf.
- 2.5 mm metric Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- This pattern was crocheted using the “Schachenmayr Catania” yarn in the following colors: moss (# 412), apple (# 205)
Crochet the Stem
Let’s start with the stem. Crochet this longer or shorter, depending on how many cables you want to fix. Simply crochet additional chain stitches into the first chain and, accordingly, crochet more single crochet stitches in the second row.
Use the check boxes to mark your finished rounds, rows and steps.
- We start with a slip knot in moss.
- 1. Row: Crochet 38 chain stitches. (38 stitches)
- 2. Row: Push the crochet hook through the 11th stitch counted from the crochet hook and crochet 1 SC. Make sure you do not twist the chain.
- Crochet 27 SC along the chain. (27 stitches)
- Finish: Now knot the two threads together several times, but not too close and tight to the last stitch you crocheted as they are still being worked on, otherwise it might happen that the knot will open when worked on.
Crochet the Leaf
- Push the crochet hook through the 11th stitch counted from the end of the trunk where the knot lies. Push through both loops (one side should have only 1 loop and the other 2 loops).
- Now yarn over the apple colored thread and pull it through the just pushed stitch.
- Then crochet 3 chain stitches and cochet into the next stitch 1 treble crochet stitch.
- Crochet the first half of the leaf as follows: 4 double treble crochet stitches, 2 treble crochet stitches, 2 double crochet stitches, 2 SC in the last stitch.
- Now the leaf tip is crocheted. Crochet 2 chain stitches and then 1 slip stitch in the 2nd stitch from the crochet hook.
- Now push the crochet hook through the 1st stitch on the opposite, not yet crocheted side. You will only have 1 loop on each stitch on this side. Crochet 2 SC in the 1st stitch.
- Crochet the 2nd half of the leaf as follows: 2 double crochet stitches, 2 treble crochet stitches, 4 double treble crochet stitches, 1 treble crochet stitch.
- Finally, crochet 3 chain stitches and crochet 1 slip stitch into the next stitch on the stem.
- Finish: Cut the yarn and weave in and hide the leftover yarn. Done is your plastic free Leaf Cable Tie!