Este post también está disponible en: Español
Learn to crochet online for free with the crochet school by Supergurumi!
Have you ever seen a beautiful crochet garment or a great crocheted accessory, like a scarf or a hat? Or do you like cute little crochet characters and have thought how great it would be to be able to crochet such things yourself?
If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Because this crochet school explains everything you need to know to crochet your own ideas. From the absolute basics, what materials you need, how to crochet the different stitches, to advanced crochet techniques. Here you will learn everything.
All beginnings can be difficult, you are after all learning something completely new. Don’t be discouraged if everything doesn’t work out the way you might imagine on your first try.
Keep at it and you will learn what an incredibly creative, fulfilling and relaxing activity crocheting can be.
I wish you lots of fun and success in the crochet school!
Welcome to the Crochet School
It is recommended that you go through each lesson in the order given. This will ensure that you understand all the terms in each lesson.
You can check off the lessons you have already gone through in the box next to each lesson for a better personal overview.
Overview of topics:
- General Knowledge about Crochet
- Learn How to Crochet – The Basics
- Practical Exercises – Shapes and Forms
- Advanced Techniques and Knowledge
General Knowledge about Crochet
Learn all about the history of crochet, what materials you need and general handling of materials.
- What is Crocheting? Origin and Applications
- The Crochet Hook: Construction and Models
- How to Hold the Crochet Hook and Yarn
- Choosing the Right Crochet Hook for Every Yarn
- Crochet Accessories and Materials
Learn How to Crochet – The Basics
Learn everything you need to know to start crocheting. From the slip knot, the first basic stitches to more complex stitches. But also how to increase and decrease your crochet piece and close or finish it.
- How to do a Slip Knot
- How to Crochet Chain Stitches
- How to Crochet Single Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet Increases
- Normal Decrease and Invisible Decrease
- How to Make a Magic Ring
- How to Crochet Slip Stitches
- How to Crochet Half Double Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet Double Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet Treble Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet Double Treble Crochet Stitches
- How to Crochet in Rows, Spiral Rounds and Joined Rounds
- Change Colors in Crochet for Every Stitch in Rounds and Rows
- How to Crochet into the Front Loop and Back Loop
- The “Right” Side when Crocheting
- How to Close Openings
Practical Exercises – Shapes and Forms
Now apply your learned knowledge and crochet different shapes and forms using the following crochet patterns.
Not only is this a good practice, but it will also show you how to crochet different shapes and forms, what is essential knowledge to design your own crochet pieces.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and try crocheting some of the crochet patterns with different stitches than the ones given.
- How to Crochet Hexagons in Spiral Rounds
- How to Crochet Circles in Spiral Rounds
- How to Crochet Squares in Spiral Rounds
- How to Crochet Triangles in Spiral Rounds
- How to Crochet Semicircles
- How to Crochet Cones in Spiral Rounds
- Crochet Balls and Spheres of Any Size
- How to Crochet Cubes in Spiral Rounds
- Crochet Ovals in Any Size in Spiral Rounds
- Crochet Rectangles in Any Size in Spiral Rounds
- Irregular Crochet Shapes
Advanced Techniques and Knowledge
The following lessons cover a variety of crochet topics such as new ways to start your crochet work, new specialized stitches, and alternative methods of changing colors.
- How to Stuff Amigurumi – Procedure and Materials
- How to Sew Amigurumi Parts Together
- How to Attach Amigurumi Safety Eyes
- Single Skein Multi-Strand Crochet
- Crochet Surface Slip Stitches
- Surface Single Crochet Stitch and Other Surface Stitches
- Almost Perfect Color Change in Spiral Rounds
- How to Crochet Bobble Stitches
- How to Crochet Puff Stitches
- How to Crochet Popcorn Stitches
- Foundation Chain with Single Crochet Stitches
- Foundation Chain with Half Double Crochet Stitches
- Foundation Chain with Double Crochet Stitches
Congratulations on Completing the Supergurumi Crochet School!
What’s next? Your crochet journey doesn’t end here by any means. There are still hundreds of new stitches, patterns and techniques to learn and experiment with.
Start your first crochet project using a ready-made crochet pattern or start playing around with shapes, yarns and stitches to make your very own first crochet creations.
No matter what you choose, I hope you have fun and success with your next crochet projects!